Followers

Labels

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Huddled Masses

Huddled masses and and wretched refuse indeed. So many people, in the heat, often unwashed and / or oversized. The smell at times overwhelming.

The rude youth, a stereotypical "ghetto" man with a sense of style, calls to a friend on the sidewalk - loud, obnoxious.

Then, later... a woman gets on. No seats, the youth stands without hesitation.

Sometimes people are dirty. Sometimes they're clean. Sometimes they're rude, and sometimes kind.

But mostly? People are just people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The heat and smell and dirt created a strange contrast with the beautiful, serene blossom shreds falling to the ground.

I was reminded of the dichotomy of blood dripping off an ancestral blade on a background of sakura blooms - in the eastern style.

I contemplated the ways of the samurai - the words of Hagakure - "A samurai should make all his decisions in the space of seven breaths.".

When I got home, bolstered by my new resolve, I got only to six breaths... then I called her.

5 comments:

  1. You're talking about RIPTA? I love when its so hot and the bus smells like urine. Thats my favorite time of the year. For some reason thats the default scent. Mmm Tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm talking about RIPT... wait, you're joking, right?

    Please tell me you're joking!?

    I'm... not a fan of that scent. I imagine Sprout'd DIE from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. And although I'm not a fan of most unpleasant scents, I think I could deal. I love the way cigarette smoke smells, for example. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you.
    And yeah, we should go somewhere on the bus together, sometime, Miss Bean.

    Also, I can't stand cig smoke - but that may be from 19 years of overexposure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im kidding by the way. :see sarcasm:

    lol. its isgusting and I puke in my mouth 75 times when its like that.

    ReplyDelete

Yo! Be honest, folks.