Followers

Labels

Saturday, January 24, 2009

October - January

When I think now of October, I think
Of Waiting For October (We're in the book - We'll be learning how to fly)
Of October In The Chair, and the story he told (The boy ran away - I understand him)

But mostly I think of your words
How you missed the October tones of his (her?) voice
How you shoved your window open and thrust your arms out to become October
How it smelled like October that day (How lovely it was!)
How you will be October

I think of when I met you
October then too,
I dreamed we'd be together forever
I dreamed we'd be together for a moment,
For that'd be enough

Now it's January,
And I've awoken from my dream (a nightmare?)
To find that it didn't happen -
Would never happen

And I'm ok with that
Or I will be
I accept
And cope
And look to move on
But...

The associations will linger in my mind,
Illogically
October
Is Hope
And
January
Is Sorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yo! Be honest, folks.